Do you know which country in the world has the most awareness in fitness? Fitbit, a leading wearable technology company, identified the list of the most fittest countries in the world in 2017.
Across 65 countries, Fitbit has sold 63 million devices and there are 50 million registered device users too! Fitbit fittest cities include most of the European countries, while the United States is ranked at 28th.
For Fitbit USA, the survey conducted showed what the Fitbit fittest cities are. These cities ranked as top 10, respectively: Duluth, Minnesota; Appleton, Wisconsin; Eau Claire, Wisconsin; Boulder, Colorado; Bellingham, Washington; Madison, Wisconsin; Billing, Montana; Rochester, Minnesota; Spokane, Washington; Eugene, Oregon.
When it comes to the bigger scale, Fitbit was also able to determine the most fittest countries in the world by using an aggregated and anonymous 2016 data. The analysis is based on a representative sample from 10 million users in the United States as well as more than 10 thousand users from each international country.
Top 10 Most Fittest Countries In The World
1. The fittest country in the world according to Fitbit is Ireland. The Irish people have daily average steps of 8,517. They clock 24 active minutes daily, as well as get enough sleep of 7 hours, 11 minutes and 7 seconds in average.
2. United Kingdom. Following the lead of Ireland is United Kingdom as the second fittest country in the world. On average, the people in the UK take 8,539 steps daily surpassing Ireland on this category. UK also ranked 7th for the average daily active minutes, but they ranked 1st when it comes to the country with the most hours of sleep at night. People in the United Kingdom get an average quality sleep of 7 hours, 14 minutes, and 44 seconds every night.
3. Sweden is ranked 4th place in the list of countries with the most number of steps daily. Swedish people take an average of 8,855 steps daily. They also ranked 2nd in the list of countries with the most active minutes, yet they ranked 8th when it comes to the country with the highest quality of sleep at night.
4. Netherlands did not make it to the top 10 countries with the highest number of steps. However, they did make it to the top 8 with the average daily most active minutes. The country also made it to the second position when it comes to the country with the highest quality of sleep.
5. With 8,964 average number of steps daily, Switzerland ranked 2nd on this specific category. The country also ranked 5th in the list of those who have the highest average daily active minutes. Unfortunately though, the people in Switzerland weren’t getting as much quality sleep as the other countries as they did not make it to the top 10 on the sleep category.
6. Denmark wasn’t ranked within the top 10 of the list of countries with the highest number of steps taken daily nor was it included on the list of those with quality sleep. However, the country was able to get the number 6th spot in the area of average daily active minutes.
7. Spain ranked 1st as the country with the most number of steps taken daily. On average, people from Spain take 9,023 steps every day. Having the highest spot at the number of daily steps might also be one of the reasons why the country also received the first spot in the country with the most daily active minutes to which they ranked 1st with 27.9 active minutes a day. Nonetheless, the quality of sleep from Fitbit users in the country did not keep up to its amazing record of being 1st when it comes to sleeping as they did not even make it to the top 10.
8. While the country did not make it to the top 10 countries with the most number of steps taken daily, it was able to secure the number 4 spot at the list of those with the most of daily active minutes. It also ranked 3rd on the list of those with the highest quality of sleep among Fitbit users.
9. Germany earned the 7th spot on the highest number of steps taken per day with an average of 8,530 steps daily. However, even with their 8,530 steps, the country did not make it to the top 10 countries with the most daily active minutes. When it comes to sleep quality, Germany is ranked 10th place.
10. New Zealand. New Zealand is the 5th country with the highest number of steps taken every day with average steps of 8,575. Unluckily, the number of daily steps was not enough for them to secure a spot on tin top 10 countries with the most daily active minutes. But then again, New Zealand made a mark as the 6th country with the highest quality of sleep among Fitbit users.
The result above was taken from the most wearable device users in the world. The data was gathered from more than 20 million Fitbit users around the globe.
The Vice President of Research in Fitbit, Shelten Yuen, said,
“We are more than just a hardware. Our software and services offerings help inspire, coach and guide users to reach their goals in more personalized and powerful ways.”
Indeed, Fitbit has been one of the leading manufacturers of wearables today. Their trackers were helpful to keep people more active and maintain fitness. Fitbit devices help track and record daily activities like exercise, sleep and, heart rate. It also offers apps, advice and personal coaching as well as social and motivational features that help inspire Fitbit users to be more active and work harder when it comes to maintaining good health. Fitbit Challenges or Adventures also add more fun to your workout and can even make the users take 2000 more steps daily!
“The network effect of our global community of millions of users gives us an incredibly strong competitive advantage because it provides our users with the support and motivation they need to reach their goals whether that means eating healthier, moving more or sleeping better,” Yuen added.
Next To Read: How Accurate Is Fitbit?