Garmin fitness band activity tracker has a plethora of options to suit anyone’s needs. Whether you are a diehard fitness freak, an enthusiast or just had a call of self-awareness, the vivofit Garmin brand has amazing benefits to keep you self-fit. “Garmin” decided to jump on the fitness tracking bandwagon only in January 2014. Their GPS technology has indeed brought a remarkable legacy to the growing industry of wearables. Vivofit 2, Vivosmart, Vivoactive and Fenix 3 are just some of the company’s popular fitness tracker in the market. However, just as a coin has two sides, every technology comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Though the issues encountered in Garmin products are many, we will discuss the solutions that can be done while engaging in a factory reset (for Garmin Vivofit 2 & Garmin Vivosmart).
Why Do You Want To Reset Garmin Vivofit 2 and Vivosmart?
- Garmin vivosmart is not functioning properly.
- Restoring the vivosmart/Vivofit2 factory reset to default settings.
- If the wrong language is showing.
- Your Garmin vivosmart/vivofit2 is not able to to pair the accessories (e.g. heart rate monitor or cadence sensor).
Garmin vivosmart factory reset erases all the user information and workout data. For those who do not know this, the reset for vivosmart data happens automatically when the device is charged for three or more hours. If you are worried about your workout data, you can easily back them up via Garmin Connect.
Steps To Reset The Garmin Vivosmart:
- Delete > Garmin Connect app from the phone.
- “Forget” the device in your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Disable Bluetooth> phone.
- Reboot > phone.
- Clamp the VivoSmart into its charger.
- Plug it into your computer.
- Erase all files and directories on the VivoSmart. (Icon shows USB drive on your computer)
- Eject >USB device from your computer.
- Disconnect the VivoSmart from the charger
- Reinstall> Garmin Connect on your phone.
- Re-enable> Bluetooth on your phone.
- Put your Vivosmart into “pairing “
Guide To Repair Vivosmart,
- Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone.
- Touch the Home Menu button
- Touch Devices
- Touch the “+” in the upper-right corner
- Touch Health and Fitness
- Touch vivosmart
Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the pairing process.
Steps To Reset The Garmin Vivofit 2:
- Press and “HOLD” the button until you get it into SLEEP MODE.
- Now press it 4 times quickly.
- You should now be able to see the present firmware version.
- Press and hold the button until your display goes dark.
- Once you release the button and press it You should see the PAIR indicator.
If the steps above still do not work for your vivofit 2, Garmin watches have a 5x button which you can press five times after getting the vivofit 2 to go into Sleep mode. On the fifth press, hold it there until the screen becomes blank. It is vital to note that a fully functional factory reset should happen after these procedures, but in the case, your vivofit 2/Vivosmart Garmin watch is still not able to reset, contact the company’s customer care to check your device.
Also read this: Garmin Vivofit Review: Simple Looking Activity Tracker For All