Your GoPro footages and pictures can be tweaked to create surreal stuff! GoPro Studio is undoubtedly the easiest and fun tool to do so. The crashing issue is an unnecessary hurdle on your way to all that fun. The article shows you how precisely to deal with the GoPro Studio crashing in Windows 7, 8 & 10!
GoPro Studio is an incredible video-editing tool that packs much bang and is one of the easiest to learn out there. The app can convert your desktop into a studio for all your editing needs. A few users have, however, reported GoPro Studio to be crashing while trying to run it, displaying the error message saying ‘GoPro Studio.exe has stopped working’. The failure stems mainly from.NET framework and compatibility issues. Scroll down to find the fix for resolving this error.
Key Features of GoPro Studio
- Optimized for offloading, organizing and sharing GoPro photos and videos
- Includes features for viewing and editing burst and time-lapse photos
- HiLight Tags help you quickly find your best moments
- Simple video trimming tools make it easy to create and share short clips
Fix GoPro Studio Crashing In Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Instal Latest GoPro Studio in PC: Before scrolling further, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Studio installed on your PC. Here you can download the latest version of GoPro Studio 2.5.9. It’s known that GoPro is updating their software platforms whenever they launch a new version of action camera. So make sure you mark automatic update in your GoPro studio setting so that you won’t miss the latest bug fixes or new updates.
2. Check PC requirements: Another possibility is your PC not meeting the requirements for running GoPro Studio. Check out the minimum system requirements:
1. You need 64 bit Windows 7, 8 & 10 as 32 bit systems are not supported.
2. The processor must be an Intel Quad Core™ i7 or greater.
3. A graphics card that equals Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better (Graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or later) with 512 MB RAM or higher for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or higher for 4K playback
4. A minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 720 should be offered.
5. RAM should be at least 4 GB or higher.
6. The Hard Drive on board must be at least a 5400 RPM internal drive
- Find the Device Manger: Go to Start menu > Computer > My Computer > Properties. Select System Information for Processor and RAM. Select ‘Display Adapters’ to find out more about your graphics card.
- Transfer your pictures and videos to your computer if Studio crashes while you’re trying to import files.
- Run as an administrator. Right click on the Studio shortcut and select run as administrator.
- Click here to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package.
- If the problem is indeed with the .NET Framework 4.5, you’d need more than Visual C++ to resolve it. Update your Windows to the latest to make sure all the necessary components are updated. You can do this by clicking Start > Search for Windows features > Select Turn Windows features on or off > Click Microsoft. Net Framework 3.x.x > Mark all the boxes checked > Select OK.
- Check the progress of the update on the taskbar.
- While copying or converting files, make sure there are no special characters in the file or destination folder’s name.
- If the issue is not resolved yet, reboot your PC and try running Studio in safe mode. If it doesn’t crash and works just fine, then another program that you’ve installed on your PC could be the culprit.
- Uninstall Studio before reinstalling it again. You can do this by Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select GoPro > Right click to select uninstall. Reinstall it from the library.
- Go to Start menu > search for user account control > Turn off user account control by selecting ‘change user account control settings’.
- Your Anti-Virus software might be keeping a firewall to keep the Studio from updating any required plugins. Disable it and check whether studio still crashes. If the issue persists and your Studio keeps on crashing, contact customer support by clicking here. Any issue regarding the .NET framework will be taken care of if you have rightly followed the above steps. However, when you contact the customer support, do explain in detail the troubleshooting procedures you have tried.
Hope now you have found the solution for GoPro Studio crashing issue on your Windows PC. Always Make sure you have update your PC every often since the security issues are the major concern for Microsoft and they are trying to curb the piracy around the world.
Please leave your comments or queries below and we will make sure to solve your problems soon!
Next to Read: Essential Guide To Choose The Best Wearable Camera?